Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm Writing a Book

After three years of working on this blog, I have finally decided to jump in with both feet and write a book about the MIL/DIL relationship. From stories that some of you have submitted (I'll email you personally for permission to use them)to interviews that I have yet to conduct, I hope to write a book that presents a variety of true stories from women all over the world about their own MIL/DIL experiences. These combined stories will serve as a source of comfort, humor, empathy and support for every woman that deals with their own complex MIL/DIL relationship on a daily basis.

Working title is: Mother in Law Wars: True Stories from the Trenches.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I would love to be a part of this but only if I can do it anonymously to keep the peace in my family! Is there a way I can contact you to do that? =]

Milly said...

was it you that gave me the awesome meatloaf recipe? If so? I want to use it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Sounds great! I have actually bought several of these kinds of books!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was me who left the meatloaf recipe...
I made up an e-mail address for you to contact me with,
susanwarner70@yahoo.com =]

lwtmil said...

I feel for you. I have moved in with my mother in law! and am now blogging about it

Kathryn said...

I want to start my own MIL blog and came across yours. So awesome and kuddos for standing up to her! At a very crowded Easter church service one year, the ushers were helping form lines for communion on the opposite end of the church and my MIL said to my husband and I "Let's go get in line". I said "No", stayed in my seat and never took communion. She got up anyway and went and cut in line with other people who were being directed. The people around us were asking "if it was time for us". I was so embarassed.