The inlaws visited last week, and unfortunately, their visit timed exactly with summer colds of both of our children. Now, the inlaws have bronchitis and fevers and runny noses. I feel really bad about it. I know being sick sucks, and it sucks even more to KNOW for a fact that it was my house and family that made them sick! Here is the good news is, they will be over it by the time we do our annual "whole fam-damnly vacation" in the next month. Oh yes, dear readers, it is another MIL planned full-family expedition! This time, we are confined on a boat for a week! Hurray...
Well, the colds have freaked my MIL out and so she sent an email plea to me and my SIL that begged us to "maybe ask if the children could be put on any vitamins to help them fight off things." My MIL is a big believer in vitamins and bottled water as opposed to tap water and airborne (even though it was proven not to do anything).. She continues, " I know some doctors say that vitamins just get peed out--but I believe something hangs in there to help the defense system--especially with the flying and being around large numbers of persons soon." She goes on to say that she will be "DELIGHTED" to PAY for said vitamins, so what do we have to lose?
Once upon a time, she sent me vitamins in the mail because I wasn't giving my son vitamins after his pediatrician told me that I was paying for expensive pee. But apparently what she "believes" is worth far more than a medical degree or even a nutritionist license. I guess it is the same with religion. She believes what has not been proven! She's a believer, I'm a skeptic... Can this relationship be saved?
As I mature, I find these things more amusing than frustrating, so I will let her pay for expensive pee. Why not? It will make her happy and it really doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment