In 45 days (and counting) we are going to Disney World. "We" includes me, my husband, my 5 year old son, my Mother and Father-in Law and my Brother and Sister in law. We are going to Florida, in August for a week. Yes, we have adjoining rooms. No, I have not yet scheduled my hot stone massage that will immediately follow the in-law departure. Yes, I am freaking out. Yes, I need to laugh at your stories and learn from your experience. If you have gone on an intense Disney or similar vacation with your in-laws, please share your story!
THIS JUST IN: I will be reporting from DW every night right here on MILSurvivial. Check in August 8-16 for under the covers reports about what it is like to be in the "happiest place on earth," with your in-laws!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's the day before you leave, and I bet you're sitting at work right now thinking, At least I don't have to figure out how to get my MIL's signature on those Mickey ears after all! But I have decided to enter your contest by posting this story, so you have to get them for me. Bwa ha ha!
Okay, here goes. Technically, one person involved in this story was on a kind of vacation at the time, so I say that it counts. Possibly the first time, but more likely the second time, that I visited my then-boyfriend-now-husband in Indiana and met his mom, she invited me to go hang out with her and her best friend in a hot tub. Aside from not wanting to ditch my boyfriend (we were long-distance and never got to see each other enough), I really didn't feel I knew her well enough to want to lounge around in a hot tub with her. Luckily, I didn't have to make up an excuse; I just had to say quite honestly that I hadn't brought a swimsuit with me and therefore couldn't go. My future MIL smiled politely and said, "Oh, that's okay, we usually go without them anyway." Then she leaned toward me, raised her eyebrows, and said, "RHINE MAIDENS!" I believe this was a reference to the water spirits of Wagner's Ring, who are usually depicted in paintings as beautiful and nubile young naked women. Something in my brain misfired at that point, and as a result I can't remember how I actually got out of having to go skinny-dipping with the MIL, but I'll assume that my husband saved me somehow.
Hooray! I win!
So ... so ... how's it going? Are you surviving?!
Post a Comment